| Maureen |
■Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:05 am |
|
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006
Posts: 24
|
by Maureen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:05 am
Lovely turnout at the first Knitting Circle on Thursday, including, I'm pleased to report, two self-declared sceptics from Design Authority who came "for the biscuits" and stayed for the whole hour.
One of them has cast on his first square and would like it known that it is "structurally sound". It is. It's a bit of a trapezium. We meet Thursdays, 12.30, Breakout Area, Level 3. Needles and wool provided.
_________________ Reception, Marconi Court Lost property is kept for 30 days :)
|
|
| Top |
|
|
| J. Frazer |
■Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:20 am |
|
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006
Posts: 50
|
|
For the record I went for the biscuits and I remain a sceptic. I was merely persuaded that the square would be tidier if I kept going. That is not the same thing as enjoying it.
It's a trapezium because the needles are too big. That's a tooling problem.
|
|
| Top |
|
|
| D. Pike |
■Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:48 am |
|
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010
Posts: 7
|
by D. Pike » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:48 am
Is it true the blanket's going to the hospice? If so I'm in. I can't knit but I can learn. Can I come after lunch rather than instead of it?
_________________ It's DNS.
|
|
| Top |
|
|
| Maureen |
■Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:10 pm |
|
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006
Posts: 24
|
by Maureen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:10 pm
Yes, it's for the hospice, and yes, bring your lunch. Frazer, there are smaller needles in the tin. You know where the tin is.
_________________ Reception, Marconi Court Lost property is kept for 30 days :)
|
|
| Top |
|
|