PTX — Partner Technical Exchange

Engineering exchange · Programme Office
You are not logged in All times are UTC


🔒 Topic locked
■Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:50 pm 
Design Authority

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006
Posts: 50
Minutes of the July book club (Marconi Court, Crouch room, 12:30, seven attendees, one sandwich platter).

Book: The Jennifer Morgue, Charles Stross. The second of the Laundry books. Spy thriller, office comedy and the Bond films all in one, with an essay on spying at the back that Bob liked more than the book.

General verdict: very funny, very clever, slightly too many acronyms (said by someone in this building, so take that as you will).

Admin note: Legal have asked that the minutes not "speculate about sourcing". I don't know what that means either. I have not speculated about anything. August pick to follow.
Top
 
■Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:35 pm 
Instrumentation Engineer

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006
Posts: 20
jfrazer wrote:an essay on spying at the back that Bob liked more than the book

That's not what I said. I said I liked the essay as well as the book. The hero is called Bob and spends half of it filling in forms, which I found very relatable. Five stars.

_________________
Bob Smith, Instrumentation
If you borrow a logger, write it in the book.
Top
 
■Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:10 am 
Reception

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006
Posts: 24
I liked it. I didn't understand the bits with the maths but I liked the bits with the boat. Can we do something with fewer footnotes in August? I have a holiday.

Also, whoever borrowed the reception copy, please bring it back.

_________________
Reception, Marconi Court
Lost property is kept for 30 days :)
Top
 
🔒 Topic locked

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Published via ETR-UAG01 · pre-authentication unavailable · pass-through (legacy compatibility)